Are you ready to join an energetic team working towards a clean energy future in Kansas?
CEP is a Kansas-based non-partisan 501(c)3 working to find practical solutions for a clean energy future. The Climate & Energy Project
seeks to dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions in America's Heartland through the ambitious deployment of energy efficiency and renewable energy, in policy and practice. We accomplish this mission by:
● Connecting people, organizations, and ideas
● Facilitating productive, pragmatic, long-term solutions
● Presenting balanced facts
● Ensuring that a wide range of voices are represented.
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated, and hardworking individuals to join us in this work.
You might be the perfect person if...
You are interested in and passionate about:
● clean energy solutions (including renewable energy, energy efficiency, and water conservation),
● environmental justice
● positive, practical solutions for climate adaptation in the Midwest
● the legislative process, including advocacy, grassroots organizing, and reporting on bills
● community education and outreach
You are awesome at any combination of the following:
● Communications (social media, blogging, press relations, etc.)
● Grant writing
● Fundraising and donor relations
● Event planning and logistics
● Board management and administration
● Graphic design
● Website management
And you are:
● Eager to work with mission-driven, nimble nonprofit working for positive change in Kansas in an
environment with opportunities that change and expand rapidly
● Comfortable working independently, in close collaboration with a tight-knit team
● Adaptable and open to creative thinking
● Able to work from home with flexible scheduling
● Energetic, optimistic, with a can-do/won’t give up attitude.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk. We are open to full- or part-time arrangements and training opportunities for the right people. Tell us why you’re the best person for the job! Priority will be given to
applications received by JULY 10. Interviews will be held mid-July. We encourage you to submit your
resume and cover letter as soon as possible.
Email your application packet (cover letter and resume) in a single pdf to Dorothy Barnett at